Harbor Cottage Amenities in Detail
- Harbor Cottage is a deeply comfortable, architect-designed seaside property consisting of a main cottage and a two-bedroom guest house. Together they sleep six comfortably.
- Harbor Cottage has the primary, gourmet kitchen and dining table; the guest house has a smaller, simpler kitchen.
- Harbor Cottage and guest house are always rented as one property. Mostly used for additional guests, the guest house is also ideal as a quiet place to work on projects.
- Fresh high-quality linens throughout and plenty of fluffy bath towels
- Wood burning, free-standing fireplaces in both houses (firewood provided in Fall and Winter) and Monitor gas heater with thermostat setting
- Built-in day beds in both houses provide quiet places to read, work and nap
- Laundry room with washing machine and dryer, telephone, hair dryers, off-street parking, and many more amenities are provided
Living Spaces, Bathrooms and Bedrooms–Sleeps 6
- 3 bedrooms in total, each with a queen-sized bed, sleeping 6 adults (3 couples) comfortably. Large master bedroom in Harbor Cottage, two double bedrooms in the guest house. All bedrooms have sea and garden views.
- Harbor Cottage open plan living room comfortably seats 6–8 people. Long antique vintner’s table set in front of the sea view is used as a desk. Windows on all exposures offer views of water and wetland, and flood the house with light.
- The second floor master bedroom in Harbor Cottage has stunning views of sea and offshore islands, ample closets, bookshelves, modern lighting, a desk overlooking the wetland estuary and is equipped with a DVD player and Apple TV. Full bathroom with deep tub bath, hand-held rinsing shower and separate laundry room. An outdoor cedar shower is attached to the main house.
- The 2-bedroom guest house has an open living area, a generous day bed with linen slipcovers, antique pine kitchen table and a desk. A small full bathroom has a deep tub bath and hand-held rinsing shower. An outdoor shower attached to the side of the guest house has a fine sea view.
- Harbor Cottage has the primary, gourmet kitchen with soapstone counters, Gaggenau gas stove, electric oven, Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer, and a dishwasher. Appliances include a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, Cuisinart food processor, blender, Dualit toaster, professional cookware, baking pans and lots of cook’s tools
- The guest cottage kitchen is outfitted for making coffee, tea and simple meals, with a small refrigerator, toaster oven, electric toaster, electric cordless kettle, and coffee maker
Entertainment and Communications
- High-speed internet and wireless
- CD Player and DVD player with large screen TV
- Telephone with free local calls
- Many books, games
- Sea-facing porch with Adirondack chairs, dazzling views of a quiet tidal bay, saltmarsh wetland, and offshore islands; wonderful bird watching
- Weber charcoal outdoor grill, and a picnic table with benches that comfortably seats 8
- In summer we swim off our front rocks, and launch our kayak from the front lawn
- Kayak and single paddle (2-seater: Note, guests must provide their own life jackets)
- Talented fishermen friends catch sea bass off our rocks!
- Pretty seaside garden with small trees, flowers and well-maintained lawns
- Drying-out mooring in front of the house is available by request
- The two cottages offer privacy on a shared vacation, allowing more than one generation to vacation together with ease (parents with teenagers love the two linked but separate houses; flexible arrangement is also favored by grandparents)
- Families with young children make use of the daybeds, and guests who want to work and play at different times use the guest cottage for peace and quiet
- Located between two classic Maine villages with splendid shore frontage and serene views
- Launching facilities nearby at Tenants Harbor and Port Clyde
- No pets allowed
- Parking restricted to two cars only
- Strictly No Smoking anywhere on the property